• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

budget lifts

ogg

NAXJA Forum User
hey
i am a new owner of a 91 xj sport
dont have a lot of cash but would like to lift 2 or 3 inches cheeply
wondering if any1 here had any views or opinions on rocky roads budget lifts
dont want to go huge but would like to put sumthin bigger on my jeep than 235's(lol)
also is any1 here from canada that knows of dealers that sell this sort of stuff?
thanks all
and by the way.....this site is frickin great.....lots of info and help....kootos to those in charge
thanks again
ogg

Sure go for it.. it worked for me- I have 235's and they are enough to handle with just my 2"- I need longer bumpstops due to the fact that they like to munch on my fender flares- but yeah, just be care full when your flexin if you are usin the stock shocks.--- heres a pic of mine with the 2"- I coulda gotten even more articulation but if you look, you can see my stock shock is maxed out- be careful with that
P1010011jj.JPG

ogg said:
also is any1 here from canada that knows of dealers that sell this sort of stuff?
I'm on the west coast. Best guys around here are North Shore Offroad. They are dealers for all the major brands and can get pretty much anything. They have beaten price quotes I have gotten from other dealers, have a huge stock, and everything I have ordered from them so far has come the next day.
Brent.

coryenyeart said:
On your 97 did you get any driveshaft vibrations after you installed the rr budget lift? I've been thinking about doing the same.
wasn't a rr but same difference. I got the parts off the for sale forum. And yes I have on vib in the front that drives me insane. Looked everywhere, tightened everything, checked vaccum hoses with no avail. hense the strange sounds in my sig lol

This is the budget lift I am currently collecting parts for:

http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/home_brew_budget_boost.htm

And this is my list:

Jeep Budget Lift

Front:
1) Grand Cherokee Coils springs [ 40.00]
2) Stock 5/8" Coil Spring Isolators [5.00]
3) Shocks: 1994 Wrangler YJ Fronts [still looking]

Total= 45.00

Rear:
1) Leaf Spring Center Pins [Free]
2) D35 Ubolts [10.00]
3) Stock XJ Leaf Packs [still looking]
4) Steel&Hardware for Clamps [havent bought yet]
5) Shocks: Rear GC ZJ [40.67 Old Man Emu Comfort shocks]

Total= 50.67

Grand Total= 95.67

I intend to stay with 235/75R15's. I also am in the process of buying some other items that I hope will help compliment the lift.

rustys 3" AAL's - $60/pr
used 3" coils - $50/pr
monroe shocks $20/ea

no vibes, not tall enough to mess up steering geometry, tall enough to clear 31's witn minor if any trimming.

good luck!!!

I recently finished the rocklizard budget boost. I have never done anything like this before, but didn't find it too difficult. In the back I gained about 1.5" over stock height, but my leaf springs were sagging -2" before I started. I only gained 1" in the front, but I have a custom bumper that weighs about 80lbs. I also didn't have any spring isolators that he used (mistake) which would have raised it an additional 5/8". I used a good tool set, some air tools in places, and a couple sets of jackstands. All together the boost cost about $150 dollars without shocks. The hardest part was finding all the components. For as little as it cost, I'm glad I did it.
-Matt

Back