• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stoopid D30 ???

YETI

NAXJA Forum User
Is the D30 found in the 2000-2001 Xj's the same as the TJ D30? If not what are the differences. (ie. ujoints, shafts, etc)

Sorry for the newb question.

Last edited:
Say the same year TJ's. Just trying to find out if the shafts and u joints are the same. Not sure if the 297 joints ever made it into the XJ. OH and yes the Tj and XJ' of those years are both LP.

All TJ Dana 30s had 297 u-joints, as did the later XJs. The one that came stock in my '01 was indentical to a TJ 30 AFAIK. (LP, 297 joints)

my 99 has a HP so 2000 must be the change over year.. the last few years of production the XJ shared alot of components with the TJ.. guess DC was cutting back on production for a few years .. so glad they gave us such a capable replacement vehicle at least..

YETI said:
Is the D30 found in the 2000-2001 Xj's the same as the TJ D30? If not what are the differences. (ie. ujoints, shafts, etc)
Yes

The 297 shafts did make it into the XJ, but not in the disco version. Don't remember the year.

correct me if im wrong (which you guys do so well)
but dont TJ Dana 30s have different gears than XJ Dana 30? I know the lowpinion and high pinion are different. but I thought TJ used a different all together.

BUCKYXJ said:
correct me if im wrong (which you guys do so well)
but dont TJ Dana 30s have different gears than XJ Dana 30? I know the lowpinion and high pinion are different. but I thought TJ used a different all together.

Just the low and high pinion part, so yes they are different.

You maybe thinking of different pinion sizes on the zj and tj LPs.

hinkley

There is also a late model "short pinion" gear set that is different than the previous years.These were used in the 2000-2001 XJ LP D30!

Back