• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 35c

gobler

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 91 xj 5spd with dana 35 rear axle. adding a re 3.5 super flex lift and 31x10.50 tires. what kind of service can i expect from this rear axle? any modification recomendations?

Depends on the terrain and how heavy your throttle foot and clutch foot are. You can drop in a D44 or with fab work install an 8.8 for less money than you can modify the 35.

Use the search feature...there is a wealth of information.

I run an 8in with 35's 4:56's and with D35c. . all I did was put in ujoints with shafts, I run it fairly hard hard and i havent had problems yet. I wouldnt worry about it too much. . .people dont give the D35 enough credit, but if you have a really heavy foot like the post before mentions, and you want to jump and stuff, thats when you'll really break something

ya know its not a issue of how the dana35 breaks more than where
sure you can wheel the crap out of em and not break nothin
or you could be in the wrong place at the right time
snap and axle and not have a spare
or the end gets stuck in the carrier
and your screwed

put it this way
a dana 44 is stronger overall at every point than the d35
trail fixes suck
yoiu have to work in the dirt or mud most of the time
tools get nasty , fluids everywhere
so the stronger yoiur equipment the less you will have to fix broken parts on the trail

Back