• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help settle an argument...PLEASE

UtXjXtream

NAXJA Forum User
help me settle an argument is there any change in lenghts between any 4 door and 2 door cherokee bumper to bumper? please help me a guy at work wont leave me alone about it and its starting to get on my nerves and im almost ready to beat him and loose my job and that would be bad. so please help if you can, thanks in advance guys.

XjXtream

Here is a good link to tons of spec info

http://www.ilovejeeps.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9097

The differences listed in overall length here have to do with those little vertical additions to the bumpers. Everything I have ever seen has said that they are exactly the same length and wheelbase.

By the way, welcome to NAXJA.

That's interesting. I've got to get out my tape measure and check that out. Think my neighbors will give me wierd looks if I crawl under their rigs?

old_man said:
That's interesting. I've got to get out my tape measure and check that out. Think my neighbors will give me wierd looks if I crawl under their rigs?

Should'nt be any wierd'er than the looks I got down in florida at a Dennys parking lot one morning headed in for breakfast when I crawled under a 99XJ, heck I'd NEVER SEEN a 2wd XJ before...... course then my two kids had to see the differences too so they got down there with me :D When we got back up about 100 or so people were staring at us thru the windows as we walked up..I think my wife was mortified or ****ed, probably both... :D :D

I'd be hard pressed to find that 1", parked next to one and could not tell the difference...they were both 98's.... mines a 4 door...

old_man said:
Think my neighbors will give me wierd looks if I crawl under their rigs?
I'm surprised you haven't done that before, Tom! :D I agree though; the only difference I know of in length is due to the bumper add-ons.

Back