• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny mounts

Uh - wich transmission? If you've got the BA-10/5, you're SOL. The AW4 and AX5 and AX15 I think all have poly mounts available, which is a little tougher but transmits more vibration and noise to the chassis and cabin. I don't remember who makes them, but a search will turn them up online...

5-90

Daystar makes poly mounts. But you will experience some vibrations. Exactly how much won't be known until you put it in. I put one on under my auto tranny. Now I had heard that there would be some vibes, but that it is bearable. :bs: The vibes I had were teeth- and window-shattering. No way would I ever get used to that. It came out after one day.

Remi (aka Kejtar) made a good point. If you look at a factory tranny mount, it is angled - one end is higher than the other. Aftermarket mounts are level straight across. That causes the vibes. But some people have better luck with poly mounts.

Like I like to say, "Not all XJs are created equal."

I put a Daystar mount on my 01'. I had to drill new holes in my crossmember ( I think the Daystar mount bolts straight on 84-96, 97-01 is slightyly over to one side) But I made an angled aluminum shim to get it tilted same as stock and it really minimized vibes. After putting my trans. case drop on the stock tranny mount creaked so badly the poly one was a better alternative for me.

Back