• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Silverstars vs Xtravision

zeke2230

NAXJA Forum User
Silverstars vs Xtravision?

What's the word on the longevity of the Silverstars vs the Xtravision's? I've heard the Xtravision's are a good replacement for stock, but not as bright as the Silverstars.

My wife is looking for stocking stuffers for me, so I'm doing my research now.

Thanks.

Scott
:us:

Last edited:
I just put in silverstars a couple of weeks ago and I love them. They are much brighter than stock and pretty much a direct replacement. If I were you I would get the Silverstars.

Xtravisions are brighter than silverstars. They both use the exact same 65/55 watt bulb, the only difference is the silverstars have a blue coating on the bulb. This blocks out some of the light making it look white, although there is LESS light. White light does nothing for your vision, more light does. I just put a set of Xtravisions in my '96, they made a HUGE difference. I have clear corners on the front and now I need to find white bulbs for them, because the xtravisions make them look very yellow.

LOL! She knows I'm a pretty simple Army guy and just want to make upgrades to my jeep every now and then... Christmas qualifies as now...

She also knows that if we want to go anywhere romantic, it's not going to be in her Miata convertible... I'm 6'4" and that dog just don't hunt...

:us:

Dan1990XJ said:
I just put in silverstars a couple of weeks ago and I love them. They are much brighter than stock and pretty much a direct replacement. If I were you I would get the Silverstars.

QFT (in other words, I agree)

Back