• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are some good performance mods?

best one I have done so far is dual electric fans. and I have done a lot. eliminating the mech-fan makes for the biggest seat-o-the pants cheap mod you can do and you can do it for under 150

goodburbon said:
best one I have done so far is dual electric fans. and I have done a lot. eliminating the mech-fan makes for the biggest seat-o-the pants cheap mod you can do and you can do it for under 150
like how big? I still dont get the principle of it, never looked into it- go easy on me :)

Big Bear said:

Don't forget mine. :D

258hp@4800/320lbft@3200, 1/4 mile = [email protected], 0-60 = 5.9secs
Websites - Jeep 4.0 Performance, 4.6L Stroker Build-Up, Dino's Jeep Tricks

Maybe make your own air intake and maybe a good cat back. Add a little power and a few mpg.On my old zj I got 2-3 mpg and a small amount of noticable power. Just what I have done.

My 92's got the K&N intake kit and a 3/4" tb spacer. Seat of the pants was noticeable as was mpg

Exhaust at 2.5" with Flowmaster 40 and FIPK will run about $300 and make a HUGE difference in performance; night and day.

Just one is plenty for a 4.0, unless you have the stupid dough to have two seperate headers and collectors come off of that 6. I picked up a bunch of horses just by doing those two, exhaust from the cat back and FIPK. Find a muffler shop that carries Flowmaster and enjoy the rumble and speed.

I cruise with five other jeeps, all with hardcore under carriages, once they drove mine they all went under the hood for the next mods.

I can still smoke my 31's if I was stupid and bored.

Last edited:
Back