• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

doing swap ,need info,PLEASE REPLY!!

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
I did search but need some extra clarification here.The specs are 1989 cherokee with 4.0 , np231 and crappy ba10/5.I found a ax15 at the yard for 420.00(cheap)which I'm going to swap in but need to know EXACTLY what I need to do a complete swap.I understand I need 23 spline input for the transfer case,right?Will I need A different fly wheel or a different pilot bearing?Also,are there any differences in master cylinders?Will I need a new one if I get a ax15 w/external slave?(which is ultimately what I'm looking for.Anything else I need to know???Thanks in advance.

cant really help you as i havent done this swap, however - 420.00 isnt exactly cheap for an AX-15.

i did a search at www.car-part.com and found 3 transmissions for less than that and 4 others with price Call - all in Ohio though...

i believe that BrettM did this swap, a quick PM to him and he could probably help you out...

Back