• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Springs

JEEPTHIS

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone tell me the height of a stock spring in a 1990 xj limited? I was told that you could use F-150 coils to lift the front and they measure at about 15 inches. So to save a little time I was just wondering how tall my factory springs are. Maybe someone else has already done this and knows how much there is to gain. Thanks.

I believe you would get somewhere around 2" from the f150 springs. But from what I hear it is an extremely harsh ride cause they are so stiff. If you're only looking for a couple inches and your coils are still pretty good I was just use spacers. Or if you wanna try to get lucky like me, I replaced my coils with what were supossed to be stock height progressive rate springs but after they settled I netted 2" exactly in the front.

Dean

Thanks, I did read some of the other posts and that seems to be the general thought that they ride too harsh. I think I'll probably just run spacers as I'm currently waiting a reply on a set right now.

Back