• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cj steering knuckle on stock 30 has anyone tried this?

I think I read a write-up a while back about using CJ 44 inner c's to accomplish this. Current D30 inner c has to be cut off and the tube shortened so you can weld the CJ c on allowing you to essentially have all D44 outers.

Running a search on "inner c", or "CJ knuckle", will yield much better info as I am running from vague memory.

HTH

I exchange email with BillaVista about this modification. He said he'd never do it again. It's just easier/smarter to go straight to a D44 front end.

I'm not sure I agree 100% with him - might be a neat mod for a flat fender. :)

r@m

Root Moose said:
I exchange email with BillaVista about this modification. He said he'd never do it again. It's just easier/smarter to go straight to a D44 front end.

I'm not sure I agree 100% with him - might be a neat mod for a flat fender. :)

r@m
i'd say the only reason to do this mod would be if you already had a lot (gears, expensive locker, alloy shafts, etc) invested in the D30. it really wouldn't be too hard though, you'll have to cut and turn the knuckles on most D44s anyway.

Back