• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Big Bear Run - Dec 4th or Dec 11th

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
That's right! There was great response to last weeks run so a few us was thinking of doing another run around Big Bear area. I do not know the area enough to lead anything, but I will glaldy help organize a run. I would like to run similar trails as last time, Holcomb Valley/Creek , John Bull.

Anyone interested and available the 1st or 2nd weekend in December?

Let's see some responses, then we will get it planned.

Robert :us:

P.S. Thanks to all of the veterans for serving our country! I am one and it sometimes feel that people forget about what today represents. :us: :us: :us:

I'm in for either day. Plus I can bring another XJ and a ZJ. If we don't have a leader, my buddy in the ZJ knows Big Bear pretty well.

I'd be up for it depending on CHristmas parties, duck hunting and such.

I have had several replies and requests for the run to be on the 11th.

So, I am thinking of meeting at Big Bear Discovery Center @ 8:00 AM, depart at 8:30 AM and hitting the trail.

Still do not know what trails or how many people will show. Any help on trail selection is appreciated.

Once we decide the trails, we can make the "formal" run announcment and then pass it along to other lists/groups and try to get a good turn out.

In any casr, I want to go and I need at least one or two more poeple to go, which I believe I have 3 confirmed.

Thanks,

Robert

Snow = fun.....

I will watch the weather, but last weekend it waw really fun and there was plenty of mud. There was some spots with lots of snow on them, but nothing to bad.

You gonna go?

Robert

Does everyone have to wipe a booger in it like Sequoia?

Don't know the story behind that one.....

If it does snow, we can go through some easier, open areas just to play. Not sure of the forcast, but I will keep an eye on it.

Robert

Re: Another Big Bear Run - Dec 4th or Dec 11th - UPDATED!!

Hi Gang,

Need some help here. I have several poeple interested in going up on Dec 11th. I want/need to post the full run details today or tomorrow.

Here is what I need:

trails to run and someone to lead them - I have had a couple of poeple from other groups say they maybe able to lead, but no one has stepped up. I would lead if I knew where I was going.

As for trails, I don't care if we run Holcomb Creek again, I just want to go.

And finally, how many of you will be there? I want to meet at Big Bear Dicsovery Center between 8:00 & 8:30 am, departing promptly at 8:30 am on Saturday, Dec. 11th.

Thanks,

Robert :listenmus

Well, no help on trails, but the run is on!

Since the only trails I know is Holcomb Creek, that is what I am running. There is another group of Jeepers going up the same day. Not sure what they are running, but I have been told we can join them. But, I would rather have our own group run. Depends on the number of rigs. I have about 4 confrimed right now.

Here are the run details:

This is an informal (not NAXJA supported) run.

Required Equipment:
Solid recovery points front and rear (tow hooks, shackles/d-rings, receivers), first aid kit, fire extinguisher, snatch strap (no chains, no strap with metal hooks), spare tire and all necessary hardware.

Meeting Place:
Big Bear Discovery Center (http://www.bigbear.info/), 8:00 AM

Planned trails for Saturday:
Holcomb Creek (3N93) running West to East, enter Holcomb via alternate route 2N06X.

MAYBE RUN:

John Bull (3N10) running East to West, bypass (via 3N16) available for those who choose not to run it.

CB Channel:
Primary, 4; alternate, 14

Trail Leader, Saturday:
Robert Prater (rpratexj) - Inless someone else wants to lead.

Notes:
You may to want to get a Forest Adventure Pass, otherwise you may risk getting a ticket. You can buy them in most sporting goods stores or directly from the Big Bear Discovery center, their website is http://www.bigbear.info/

Back