• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air Intake and Flowmaster install

bustednutz

NAXJA Forum User
I recently installed a rusty's air intake (k&n) and a Flowmaster cat back exhaust. 50 series Delta Flow.
I love it so far.
What I was wondering is, would it be a good idea to disconnect the battery for awhile to allow the computer to reset itself to these mod changes, or isn't it necessary for this type of mod?

Thanks folks.

It won't hurt anything, I noticed that when I disconnected my battery to replace the instrument cluster my XJ ran funny for a few hours so I guess it really does relearn optimum settings....

I read somewhere that it was a good idea to reset the computer after those mods as it can lean out the fuel mixture. The procedure was to disconnect the battery and then turn the key to the start position and hold it for 30 sec. to drain any residual charge from the computer power supply. When you do re-connect, it will act funny until it learns the new settings and sensor info.
My father lost the battery on his Intrepid once and it took about a week for the tranny control module to re-learn his driving style. Shifting at weird times/speeds ect. Hope this helps.

Back