• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how much is this xj worth?

rsm688

NAXJA Forum User
its a 91 trimmed fenders 4.0/auto tranny? has a small lift and 31s but will come with a set of 33s or 35s and it needs a new starter for it...the guy wants 400 dollars but im not sure how much longer that engine or tranny will hold up?

rsm688 said:
its a 91 trimmed fenders 4.0/auto tranny? has a small lift and 31s but will come with a set of 33s or 35s and it needs a new starter for it...the guy wants 400 dollars but im not sure how much longer that engine or tranny will hold up?
Well how many miles? That's one of the biggest questions. Also how does it sound? start? does it leak? You might want to test the compression as well if you're worried.

In general the 4.0 will keep on going forever. There are people who's xj is over 200K and they didn't do any major work on the motor.

Anyways other things to look at would be rust and so on.
Oh if it was me, I'd pick it up in no time :D

alright its a friend of mine who found it its got a little over 2k but i found a couple guys who said they have 4.0s they will sell me for around 300 bucks with alot less mileage and it doesnt start the guy says the starter went out...im probably gonna get it once my friend sends me some pics i will post them as soon as i get them

you guys would hate me then....I just crushed 5 xj's several with the drivetrain still working...They are a dime a dozen around here.

BIGWOODY said:
you guys would hate me then....I just crushed 5 xj's several with the drivetrain still working...They are a dime a dozen around here.
:twak: Where are you at? I'll send you a quarter for the whole dozen :D

rsm688 said:
how much do you think a rebuild with a stroker kit would cost?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Ask Dr. Dyno. He can probably round it to the nearest $100.00 bill.

Honest, he knows...

Back