• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bulletproof company change

whosyourdaddy?

NAXJA Forum User
I was finally gonna order my new front bumper from Bulletproof mfg and talked to Mike at Bulletproof who informed me,"the old bulletproof mfg has gone belly up." He has new pricing going up cuz of the "rising price of steel". Apparently they have the same jigs and drawings and the bumpers are to be made of the exact same materials.

What he couldn't tell me was anything about a xj.
He didn't know if I would have to make any mods, i.e. relocate vacuum canister or trim any metal or plastic.
Didn't know how much to ship to Ohio as he "shops around for shipping when the bumper is finished."

Also he mentioned it would take a minimum of 3 weeks to make the bumper as, they are building tj stuff right now and they were trying to schedule time to make the custom stuff like xj bumpers.

Just thought everyone would like a heads up.

Anyone had luck with the Warn front bumper with grill guard?

Got warn front bumpers on the TJ's and they are nice and at $200 each whats not to like, was going to go for the Warn XJ front till I checked the price :scared: that ended that plan. For that price it better come with a little guy in the box that hops out and installs it for you... :laugh3:
I've never understood why XJ bumpers cost 2x-3x as much as their TJ/YJ/CJ counterparts....

Rising steel prices, eh?
Please inform the dirtbag from Bulletproof that this is 2004, and that cranial-rectal inversion is not uncurable.
HTH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why go with them then?? The warn stuff is ok, but I think kinda pricey....take a look at the TJM front bumper....this is an old pic, but you get the idea...
newbumper1mine.JPG

I bought Warn front bumper at truck fest and got a great deal on it. I also bought the Warn XP 9.5 winch and the pair cost me $1150 shipped to the front door...

The bumper is VERY strong 3/16" and like 16 mounting points....IIRC

Back