• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please post Hitch Pic's

Jeep839

NAXJA Forum User
can anyone take a picture of your hitch on your XJ and give me a model number and make of it please i am looking to see the distance below the bumper that the differnent hitch's have. and some people like it low and some high and then some people say there's is high (close to bumper) but they really arent compared to that of other's pleae give me some feedback on that if you would like to email me go ahead: [email protected]

I don't have any pics but my 92 has a Drawtite Class 3. The top of the receiver is 2" from the bottom of the stock bumper.

Hey Jeep839...go with hidden hitch. Get it from JCWhitney...I think it was about $110 or so. ZX071495U is the sku number for 76-83 Cherokees, and sku number ZX864012Y is for the 84-01 Jeeps. Tucks up about as far as it can get. Here are a few pictures...I hope they help you out.

648974_19_full.jpg

Thats the rear from a distance.

Just for fun...here is how it bolts up. You need the nut strips of course. Order them from chryslerpartsdirect.com...you will save about half of what the dealer wants. This is the passenger side. Hugs the gas tank kind of nice...probalby protects it to a certain degree.

648974_21_full.jpg

Yep, you want the Hidden Hitch. It is the tightest to the bumper of any hitch made.

B-loose

i've got a reese on mine, and it tucks pretty tight, but i'm sure as soon as i can find/buy some aftermarket bumpers its either gonna haveta come off or get moved somehow, i guess we'll see....

My Reeses class III sits at that same height, but the square cross tube is
at the same height as the reciever so you see it. Its probably a stronger design
if you care about that.. (4 bolts on each side for one thing)

My Hidden Hitch has 4 bolts on each side too. The pic doesnt show the fourth which is towards the back of the jeep. Ive used mine for recovery and to recover already and so far it hasnt even flinched.
For those who have the reese hitch...is that all once piece? I had one at work for a Cherokee but it was in several pieces...which is altimatly what made me go for the hidden hitch. Atleast the Class III that I had was in pieces.
Im not trying to say one is better. Actually their numbers match as far as how much they can tow and the tounge weight.
Justin

Last edited:
yeah, the reese class III is all one piece and very heavy/well made.
The also make a II reciever, I dont know about that.

I really like the Hidden Hitch on my 85 XJ. Had the Mopar one from the factory but it rusted off (class III). Replaced it with the Hidden and it still looks new after 10 years on the road.

Nice job on the trailer plug installation, Ranger.

Back