• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ 44 Shafts

jrsxj98 said:
Ok I know the lengths are the same. Is the retaining plate the same bolt pattern?
Actually it's no and no. They will work for us BUT they are shorter (1/2" or so). And the retaining plate is not the same bolt pattern, but you can order for a few bucks a set from DTD that will work (and it's a nice one that slips over and it doesn't require removal of bearing and seal to install) so all you have to do is cut off the existing one.

thanks Remi, I was looking at a set to carry for trail spares. Thats what I needed to know..

jrsxj98 said:
thanks Remi, I was looking at a set to carry for trail spares. Thats what I needed to know..
I think they will be perfect for spares: you'll have to measure it out but if I'm not mistaken then both TJ shafts will fit on either side of the XJ (of course you'll be loosing more spline engagement if you have the short short one on the long side).

ANyways I'm currently running a TJ drivers side on my XJ 44 on the drivers side.

You have a part number for thet DTD slip on retainer for D44s? I just called and they guy had no idea what I was talking about.

Kejtar said:
Actually it's no and no. They will work for us BUT they are shorter (1/2" or so). And the retaining plate is not the same bolt pattern, but you can order for a few bucks a set from DTD that will work (and it's a nice one that slips over and it doesn't require removal of bearing and seal to install) so all you have to do is cut off the existing one.

MarkF said:
You have a part number for thet DTD slip on retainer for D44s? I just called and they guy had no idea what I was talking about.
Look in the wanted forum as there is a thread that has a link to another thread which has a pic from the catalog. I personally haven't ordered from them as I cut and made do with the retainer from the bent shaft (I needed a retainer and couldn't wait)

Back