• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PS pump problem/question

Abner

NAXJA Forum User
Not sure if this goes here or in the stock page.
Anyway, the 97 4.0 i just purchased had the return nipple for the ps pump broken off. I called the yard i got the motor from and the guy started talking about a fix kit. It sounds like you shave the old nipple off flush and then tap a new brass nipple into the pump. Has anybody done this? if so do you have any specs on the nipple you used?
p.s. i just made a tech post and said nipple 3 no make that four times
:gag:

I haven't done it yet, but the reservior looks such that I could drill to accept a -6AN bulkhead right angle fitting without too much trouble - I'd probably just have to trim the inside end a bit. So, pretty much any bulkhead fitting would work - IF we are talking about the one on the right side of the tank (as you look at the pully) where it's just a bit of hose clamped on.

The other fitting is some wonky thing that I haven't found any sort of mate to yet, so I've not got a decent easy replacement for the pressure fitting. Working on that - the last adapters I made were made from the "hardline" part of the pressure hose, with a -6AN plug drilled and brazed onto the steel...

5-90

mines leakin bad too. I havent looked yet, but I think its a fitting. Ill prolly put a cooler in there when I fix the leak. When its low, the oil is a frothy mess. After I fill it up, it turns like new.

Back