• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doran Canyon on Sunday 14th

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Meet @ 9am by the entrance to Calico (at the turn off from the pavement onto the road that leads directly to the Calico payment booth).
So appart from myself and Captain Ron who else is coming?

Still good for this one here, bringing a TJ along also.

Should have the jack handle off my tierod, check engine lite checked, front driveshaft fixed, and everything somewhat cleaned up well before then.

Are you driving up first thing AM Sunday?

--ron

Captain Ron said:
Still good for this one here, bringing a TJ along also.

Should have the jack handle off my tierod, check engine lite checked, front driveshaft fixed, and everything somewhat cleaned up well before then.

Are you driving up first thing AM Sunday?

--ron
Yeah I'll drive up early Sun and bring some spare parts with me. Btw if you got an obd2 vehilce I will have my comp scanner with me which allows me to read codes and reset CE light. I also might have a ranger with me.

Very cool on the scanner, but I hope I can get it squared away before then.

I've taco'd 2 tierods in 2 months now. I picked up a spare before I left Washington to replace the spare that will go on to free up my jackrod... er, ah, jackhandle.

wa9.jpg

--ron

Kejtar said:
Yeah I'll drive up early Sun and bring some spare parts with me. Btw if you got an obd2 vehilce I will have my comp scanner with me which allows me to read codes and reset CE light. I also might have a ranger with me.
Looks like I might be in the need for your comp scanner, 40 cycles isn't gonna happen anytime soon. My PCM is obd2...

I'll bring my antenna analyzer and trade ya time on the electronic dohickies.

--ron

PS: Thinking about doing Jawbone on Saturday, anyone interested?

Captain Ron said:
Looks like I might be in the need for your comp scanner, 40 cycles isn't gonna happen anytime soon. My PCM is obd2...

I'll bring my antenna analyzer and trade ya time on the electronic dohickies.

--ron

PS: Thinking about doing Jawbone on Saturday, anyone interested?
No problem... I ussually carry the obd2 scanner in the jeep anyways.

Kejtar said:
So appart from myself and Captain Ron who else is coming?
Remi, I'm not going to be able to make it for the 14th. :mad:

Going to have to stick with just the following weekend. :)

Tim

Bent said:
Remi, I'm not going to be able to make it for the 14th. :mad:

Going to have to stick with just the following weekend. :)

Tim

ok, I'll have to catch up with your some other time. Give Ethan hard time for not showing up to any recent rides !

I get to go to Calico
I get to go to Calico...

See you Sunday morning, looks like I'll be camped there Saturday night.

--ron

PS: my group grew by a few vehicles.

oh it was a BLAST!!! We had 5 vehicles (2 XJ's and 3 shortie jeeps).
I did manage to dent and scratch the hell out of my drivers door :cry: but I should be able to push the dents out from the inside (and yeah I know they add character but I gotta push them out cause they are interfering with my window!)

ruggedjeep said:
The ones I got will take a few more minutes to upload...... but the ones you want to see is the ones that Ron took and he has a great pic of me semi laying on the side with barely enough room for me to stick my head out for a pic from underneat :D

ruggedjeep said:
great pics... how long is that run? is it possible with open axles?
With open axles you will want to take the bypass on the first obstacle, but the rest you should be able to do without too much trouble. There might be a spot where you might have to take a strap (at the double steps in the middle of doran) but rest should be doable. Oh and comming down Odessa is cakewalk so there is no problems there either.

Time... hmm we started the trail at about 10 or so, spent about 1.5hrs at the first obstacle and were done at about 4 or so (then we spent just over an hour airing up 5 rigs using an electrical compressor and an arb comrpessor). And if you're in a hurrry you can shave off about 1.5 hrs to 2 hrs as we spent some time exploring the mines and another .5 hr or so playin on odessa going back up that little narrow canyon part (most of it was spent trying to get an open axle carburated YJ up)

Back