• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Drop Bracket Braces

Root Moose

NAXJA Forum User
I haven't heard much about the drop bracket support braces (RE9905) for the drop brackets (RE9900). Are these a good thing? Worth the money?

Just wondering if they are worth adding to my list for the cobbled together lift I'm putting together. I see RE ships them in the 5.5 kit.

r@m

I dont have them, but if you do the drop brackets, I would do the braces too. the way they hang down away from the frame, I would want that extra support if you hang it up on a rock or something.... $.02

bringing this up to keep from starting a new thread. what is everyones opinions on the braces. i am thinking about getting some drop brackets but i wont be able to afford the braces and the brackets together. i was wondering if it would be allright to run just hte brackets for a while and then a few months later add the braces. keep in mind that things arent probably as harsh here as it is on the west coast.

Fight the install battle all at one time. Braces and brackets, brackets and braces.

The braces are not the easiest thing to install, in terms of fit, and you'll want to do it before cinching up anything on the brackets.

I would also agree that the braces are nessesary.

--ron

Captain Ron said:
Fight the install battle all at one time. Braces and brackets, brackets and braces.

The braces are not the easiest thing to install, in terms of fit, and you'll want to do it before cinching up anything on the brackets.

I would also agree that the braces are nessesary.

--ron

I just installed both a couple of weeks ago, If you don't install both at the same time, when you do, do it, It would be an easier job to remove the control arms and loosen everything. even that way, it was not the eaiest install ever.

i guess the more pressing question is are they necessary. i did just see there only around 70$, i was under hte impression they were about double that. so most people say cant have one without the other right

$74.95 from Rubicon themselves.

i want to paint mine red so i can call them "Custom"

really - braces are well worth the $$$

custom you say, sounds fast. yall have convinced me to get it all congratulations. i would like for you to pat yourself on the back, and if your not capable buy me a plane or bus ticket and i will come do it

JEONLYEP said:
I'm under the impression that the braces should be mandatory. only reason to not run them, is if you never take your XJ off road. It's a lot of extra leverage to not give it as much strength as possible.
Exactly. Even then, the added coverage is a good thing...

I never understood why RE makes the DBs for MJ/XJ/ZJ but none of the others have braces.

because of the weak unibodies of course :laugh2:

Back