• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ex XJ owner

Fezman

NAXJA Forum User
The story starts like this.....

It was a foggy autumn night....and ends like this...I think I lost a bet with God.

I got broadsided at 0215 hrs on the 8th of Oct by a paper delivery man driving with his headlights off (just parking lights on), at about 50 mph. Why no headlights? Beats me, especially as foggy as it was. My 98' Classic was totaled, his van was totaled, and until the cops and insurance mobsters finish thier investigation, I am at fault for pulling out in front of him. It was, and still is sickening. I am relegated to driving a 4 dr Honda Accord. There is something inherently wrong with sitting that close to the ground.

So, I will be in the market for an XJ soon. I am tired of looking up at other vehicles when I drive.

That sucks. Just be glad your still around. JIM.

Fezman said:

It was a foggy autumn night....and ends like this...I think I lost a bet with God.

I got broadsided at 0215 hrs on the 8th of Oct by a paper delivery man driving with his headlights off (just parking lights on), at about 50 mph. Why no headlights? Beats me, especially as foggy as it was. My 98' Classic was totaled, his van was totaled, and until the cops and insurance mobsters finish thier investigation, I am at fault for pulling out in front of him. It was, and still is sickening. I am relegated to driving a 4 dr Honda Accord. There is something inherently wrong with sitting that close to the ground.

So, I will be in the market for an XJ soon. I am tired of looking up at other vehicles when I drive.
My dad's an appliance repairman and he's got this bitchin set of tools.
I can fix it.

Fezman said:

You are alive. You broke even on that bet....you did not lose.

Rev

BTW - The house always wins in the end.

Urban Redneck said:
My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools...I can fix it.
TELEVISION repairman! How could I have F***ed that up
:doh: :doh: :dunce: :doh:
My shame is complete.

Rev Den said:
You are alive. You broke even on that bet....you did not lose.

Rev

BTW - The house always wins in the end.
Yes I am, thankfully. A little worse for the wear, but alive none the less.

A little side note, my NAXJA on the rig. How do I get another?

Last edited:
Back