• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA's(NewB Q)

RobCherokeeXJ89

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I just ordered some Miniskids from JKS for my LCA's... they weld on to the bracket and on the directions it says to remove the LCA's first before welding. Do you think if i kept them on I would distort the bushings??? And also how hard is it to take off the LCA's and then put them back on, it looks like it could be kind of tricky w/ all the pressure when putting them back on...
I have an 89 XJ w/ 3 1/2" of lift and i have rubicon control arms. Is there any tricks or better tools i could use while doing this process

I took mine out, but I was also swapping CAs. I'd take them out again as I kept my CAs greased very well and caught the grease on fire when welding them on, and the grease wasnt right where I was welding. It just got hot enought to burn.

It isnt hard removing the CAs either. Just block all 4 wheels on both sides of the tires to prevent any movement. You wont be able to just drop the front, as it will be closed off after the skids are on, so you'll need to drop the whole arm.

Fergie

Back