• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sweet deal on XJ...

rsm688

NAXJA Forum User
well as the title says i found a sweet deal on a 91 cherokee with 35s for $500 that one of my friends found and it says it needs a little bit of work on it but hell for $500 bucks its still a damn good deal...i own a 78 ford bronco and had a 78 cj7 but i dont really know too much about xj's so what should i be looking for im gonna call the guy and get all the details and will post them later...
thanks
spencer

Crawl underneath and check for severe rust around the spring hangers in the rear and over the muffler/convertor. Being a unibody style, don't tolerate any severe rust unless you've got another and plan on using this as a donor. Congrats on the find, goodluck with your budget and welcome to NAXJA. :D

Well, if it runs ok and has no major mechanical probs, then its worth $500. I don't care if it does have rust. These things are tough as an anvil, so buy it! Just when you think the Jeep couldn't go another mile without the wheels falling off, it'll go another 100,000 miles!!

When they say watch out for rust, they're referring to a structural problem. It has no frame to support itself and so if there is severe rust in those areas, that effectively removes a structural portion of the vehicle.

Back