• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stainless swaybar disconnects

boardrider247

NAXJA Forum User
I'm gong to appologize right now because I know it has been disscussed. But I couldn't find what I was looking for with a search. A while ago someone posted a link to a site of someone who would hand make stainless steel swaybar discos. If anyone knows of this site and could post a link again it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BskisXJ said:
Saw the stainless ones on Ebay, think they are stainless. They actually look nice and pretty good price!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7932602925&category=33592&sspagename=WDVW
You've gotta be kidding here.
There are a couple glaring problems with those. First, the bottom pin is a piece of tubing welded, poorly it looks like, to a nut. This mount needs to be solid bar because tube will bend at the first possible opportunity. Second, the link itself has no spherical bearing (rodeye) on the bottom. How are you going to get this thing on unless it's a rediculously loose fit. Which brings us to the third problem. Why is there an extra inch of space between the rodeye and the ears holding it on the top mount?
There are other smaller problems with these but, hopefully, you get the idea.
I'm all for DIY but please, put a little thought into the design before you pick up a welder.

Back