• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gears & carrier, where to buy?

XJWheelie

NAXJA Forum User
I'm ready to get new gears and a couple of lockers for my XJ, Dana 30 front and Dana 44 rear, where should I buy them? I've found a number of places that sell them, some cheaper than others, but if I have a problem during the install which companies will help out and which are just a pain to deal with?

Thanks,
Robert

I was considering drivetrain.com as they seem to have pretty good support, but their prices seem a bit on the high side to me.

Once again,
Robert

Hi Robert -

Check out Randy's. Top quality stuff and in my experience excellent customer service. At a time when no one else had 4.88s for my D30 and D44 (and weren't even willing to estimate when they'd be available) they shipped mine out the next day. One stop shopping. I've also gotten a set of 760 D30 shafts from them since.
http://www.ring-pinion.com/index.html

:us:

I would try Robert Bass at DownEast Off Road in Wilson, NC. Call him (252)246-9440 and tell him that you were recommended by Andrew or Rip. He is a super guy and his prices were very competitive. I shopped around for weeks to get my stuff and ended up buying from Randy's ring and pinion. I had Robert's shop set up my gears, and we looked up what he could have done on the same stuff I bought and he was within a couple of dollars of Randy's price. He also gave me a heck of a deal on install labor.

Back