• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Almost free, to good home - wheels and tires in socal

Ivan Aby

NAXJA Forum User
What: Stock "steelies" and tires for an XJ.

Condition: 20%-ish tread left (maybe 15% depending upon how you look at it) in a fine Goodyear Wrangler tire. This tire is so extreme that it isn't good for street use high performance. Okay, it isn't really great at low performance either. Hell, it plain sucks off road. Come think of it, I don't really know what it does well.

Cost: 144 oz. of Sierra Nevada beer, obo. Can or can't be cold (if it is cold I'll share thus reducing the cost to you, if it isn't you are on your own). Will trade for a lap dance (not from you) at the local fine dining establishment, a hangover, In N Out burger (animal style only) or a date with your fine sister (note: if your sister isn't fine then I am not so interested in the trade unless, of course, she is "liberally minded" if you know what I mean).

Shipping: If you must, you arrange it. However, these aren't really worth shipping unless you are so counter culture that steel is real and you are trying to be hip in a very punk rock sort of way. If that is the case then you most likely think Brittney Spears' music is good and Del Taco is Mexican food and frankly, I wouldn't be able to talk you out of any of the three. Have it your way, ship 'em.

These fine wheels, in a stealth grey, will be pulled from my XJ by Friday or Saturday. Come a week from Thursday they will disappear into the neighbor's bushes if no reasonable offer is drank ... er... offered.

Ivan,

I'll take 2 (or all 4 if it's a package deal). Myself and a coworker each have XJs that came with the dreaded mini-spare. So the stock steelers would be a step up in this case. I live in Huntington, work in Santa Ana.

So - whatever would work for logistics, let me know and I'll take em off your hands..

Thanks,
Jerry

Done.

I'll pull them late this week when I lift (Thursday or Friday). You can have them then.

Either you can come up to the house (Anaheim Hills) after work (I'll be wrenching) or I can meet you over the weekend. Your call.

Ivan Aby said:
I'll pull them late this week when I lift (Thursday or Friday).
You were supposed to have the lift done this weekend! :D

Back