• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

serpintine belt routing

bheit4x4

NAXJA Forum User
the ac pully went out on my trail rig and i was wanting to route the belt without ac. does anyone know where I can find routing diagrams or can tell me how to route the belt without ac

thanks in advance
Brian

t-diagram.jpg

this sticker should be under your hood i have one

i took this from this site (#6 in google search for "cherokee belt routing")
http://www.getahelmet.com/jeeps/maint/belt/

your welcome

EDIT: to make sure everyone knows - this is info from the website i pulled this info from:
website said:
This writeup was completed on my 2001 Jeep TJ with a 4.0L I-6 engine

Last edited:
I'm sure the newer ones are different, but the early non-HOs used a second idler pulley to replace the a/c compressor and belt routing remained the same.

What year is your XJ?

Eagle said:
I'm sure the newer ones are different, but the early non-HOs used a second idler pulley to replace the a/c compressor and belt routing remained the same.

What year is your XJ?

year is important but they should also make a belt for a non-ac XJ.

red91inWA said:
year is important but they should also make a belt for a non-ac XJ.
Not if it's a year/model on which the factory used an idler pulley to replace the compressor. They'll make a belt for it, of course ... but it's the same belt as for a vehicle with a/c.

Eagle said:
Not if it's a year/model on which the factory used an idler pulley to replace the compressor. They'll make a belt for it, of course ... but it's the same belt as for a vehicle with a/c.

yeah, Yr is the most important thing is this equation. Good point.

We have two 97TJ's, both 2.5L, one with a/c and one without, they use different belts....

Sorry to hijack but I broke my Power stearing pump today and don't have the dough to buy a new one right now. Is there a way to re- route the belt so i can run w/o power stearing for a short time, till i get the money?

jeepinxj05 said:
Sorry to hijack but I broke my Power stearing pump today and don't have the dough to buy a new one right now. Is there a way to re- route the belt so i can run w/o power stearing for a short time, till i get the money?
wow - get that fixed asap, i have seen steering boxes catch fire and that is not cool. You hope to never use your fire extinguisher, but man it was handy...

jeepinxj05 said:

are you serious?

Back