• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front axle seal!!

asatxj

NAXJA Forum User
My left axle seal on the front (no disco) was leaking so I replaced both. Now the right one is leaking!! Brand new OEM seal. Everything was spotless when I installed them, axle was in great shape, not scored. I lubed the seal when I installed it. made sure it was completely seated. Any ideas?? I'm not too excited about doing it again. Does anyone make one of those speedy sleeves for an axle shaft, just in case that's the problem?

I'm on it as soon as it's light!!! Thanks!!

On my 96 xj Dana 30 high pinion I put in new gears and the seal started leaking. I took it appart and no problems with the shaft or the seal. So I replaced it anyways. The new seal leaked right away. It leaked a drop a night for about two weeks and then just stopped.
I don't know what it was, but I think I would give it a while before trying to replace the seal or anything. Time may solve the problem and waiting is a lot easer than taking the wheel bearings off and pulling out the carrier again!!

I removed the vent line, made sure all was functional, didn't seem to be any clogs. We will see in the morning. I have had a seal mysteriously stop after having to remove the axle before but new seals leaking was just odd. more news as it happens.
thanks all
asat

Back