• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I goofed this morning (trac bar)

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
i had been getting a popping sound for a while and found my lca mount was broke so i got it welded and then a new popping sound came up, its been about a week and this morning i went to a friends to use some air tools to try and snug everything down real good and when doing the trac bar frame mount i twisted the the nut off with the entire bolt. the one closest to the front on the side. apparently i found out after that it is about an 800# impact, so i guess that might be a little much. what can i do? tia

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like it's time for the sawzall and some fab work.

this is why you don't use an impact for torquing things. You use a torque wrench!

is taht one the bolt or the stud? the bolt - well drill it and tap it?

just weld the Track bar mount on? <-- i have heard of this...

XJ_ranger said:
is taht one the bolt or the stud? the bolt - well drill it and tap it?

just weld the Track bar mount on? <-- i have heard of this...
i thought about welding it, any thought people? its my dd and i drove it home and it was fine. any danger of this?

If just one bolt is broken, you will be fine for the time being. May make some noises, but it'll be alright. Just weld the bracket, lots of people do, and the new GRand Cherokees come with it welded on from the factory!

i guess i'll weld it unless someone else tells me no

i always like the idea that i can take stuff off for repairs or to get at somethign so i try to stay away from just welding stuff on. i'd try to drill/ tap the bolt or what ever has to be done first then resort to welding. you many not think of it now but later when you have to cut the thing off with a torch it might not be so fun.

bj-666 said:
i always like the idea that i can take stuff off for repairs or to get at somethign so i try to stay away from just welding stuff on. i'd try to drill/ tap the bolt or what ever has to be done first then resort to welding. you many not think of it now but later when you have to cut the thing off with a torch it might not be so fun.
good point, but i just might have to. it seems to be part of a tab that is connected to the other bolt on the backside. i tried beating it out and it moved barely and just bent the tab out some. if any could help me with this i would really appreciate

zap zap zap weld it!

if you have to torch it off or grind it off later - thats just one more excuse to use a cool tool and convince yourself to buy it!

XJ_ranger said:
zap zap zap weld it!

if you have to torch it off or grind it off later - thats just one more excuse to use a cool tool and convince yourself to buy it!
i'm lazy welding is the simplest so thats what its gonna be, thanks for the responses

Back