• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-case output seal

red91

NAXJA Forum User
Just put a new one in to replace the one that has been there for 113k.

NOW...the damn thing is leaking worse than before, from what appears to be around the rubber overlay not the metal edge.

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE WRONG???

Right part ? Yes I puretty sure since it looked, within reason, just like the original.

Did you use sealer between the seal and the aluminum tailcone casting? You really need it.

Be sure that your t-case vent is not plugged. I changed out 2 seals on mine before I found that my vent was plugged causing excess internal pressure at operating temp. After clearing the vent my leaking seal quit leaking. :)

JEEPZZ said:
Be sure that your t-case vent is not plugged. I changed out 2 seals on mine before I found that my vent was plugged causing excess internal pressure at operating temp. After clearing the vent my leaking seal quit leaking. :)

the vent would be where??? When I took the old one out everything look really clean...

red91inWA said:
the vent would be where??? When I took the old one out everything look really clean...

The vent is somewhat on top: look for the rubber hose that goes from it (on top) all the way into your engine bay.

Kejtar said:
The vent is somewhat on top: look for the rubber hose that goes from it (on top) all the way into your engine bay.

does not appear to be plugged. I bet sealer is the issue here,my old seal was degraded and bad, never had problems before that. Always held proper amount of fluid with no problems.

What kinda sealer????

I use permatex 1B for that type of seal. It is a brown hardening type sealer. I haven't had as good luck with the silicone type sealers on seals.

old_man said:
I use permatex 1B for that type of seal. It is a brown hardening type sealer. I haven't had as good luck with the silicone type sealers on seals.

Thanx OM.!!! been one hell of a morning. FOund out I didn't even have a vent coming up the firewall so had to make my own.

It's just one thing after another...

Back