• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" spacer

Scooter

NAXJA Forum User
I feel like a newbie all over again, but I just bought another XJ after at least a year of not having one. Anyway, I'm thinking of machining my own 3" lift and wondered why I haven't seen anyone offering a 3" coil spring spacer. Does anyone know why this WOULD NOT work? I have access to an assortment of machine tools and materials.

Thanks in advance,

Scooter
Former and current XJ owner.

One reason is likely because there won't be much coil tower left for the spring to ride on once you get done. A couple good flexes and you could easily drop the coil out...

I machined out a set of 3" aluminum spacers a couple of years ago and I had no problems with em till I started making steering conversions. As many of you noticed I have a posting out with death wobble probs. Before these problems I never lost a spring and they are sitting upon 4.5" RE springs. I do get alot of Flex and I am seriously looking at adding limiting straps. I think I will check out that link on spacers. Good luck!

1987 XJ 7.5" pieced together lift upon 33's
2002 KJ liberty limited

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I'm not interested in maximum flex. I do most, if not all, of my off-roading on an ATV nowadays and therefore I don't feel as if I'll have a problem with the coils falling out. I like the idea of using 3" spacers not only for the lift, but for the stock quality ride. I mainly want a daily driver with 31 x 10.50's.

Scooter

Back