• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will these axles work ?

Oldmanxj

NAXJA Member #940
In a 1989, D30, non-disco cherokee, I don't remember the gold looking piece
on my old shafts. These are the larger ujoints. did they give me the wrong ones ?
P1010083.jpg

sorry about picture size.

Those are dfinately the wrong ones. The gold ring is for a late model with ABS. Was the person that sold you those under the age of 18....lol....I used to work in auto parts before I became a mechanic and I have seen the errors made by kids these days....sorry for the sarcasm! I would definately send em back and have them try again. A little advice when they recheck the part #'s have them show you the computer screen and verify they are in the right make and model. Good luck and keep on Jeepin'

WOLFMAN said:
They are tone rings for ABS brakes. Just tap them off and your good to go.
HOwever, if you paid extra to get the ABS rings...go back to the store and either get the difference or get the right ones.

Thanks guys for the info. Tried them on, tone ring won't let bearing hub fit
right. So back they go. Thanks again.

BUTT... If you get the non abs ones they will come with 260 u joints. If the joint strength maters to you just do what wolfman said and tap them off.

Back