• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Ajustment *pic*

XJ_ranger

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
k0w28

ok, so i lifted my jeeb about 5" in the front and have neglected to adjust the steering. From what i have right now - i can turn 2 revolutions of the wheel to the left and one revoultion of the steering wheel right. I would like to be able to go back to turing left and right properly.
My question is can i adjust the steering as seen in the pic above? just unbolt and use a pipe wrench to turn that till the wheels are straight and the steering wheel is straight? Everyone said that a DPA wasnt necessary, and that the factory adjuster would work fine, is this the factory adjustment spot?

an idea that i had was to disconect the drag link from the pitman arm then set the wheel straight with equal travel in both directions then re-connect the drag link - will this work?

any help appriciated - it would be nice to turn again....
XJ_Ranger

That is the drag-link adjuster to recenter the steering wheel with respect to the wheels. Lube it up and adjust away!

You should probably use the tie-rod adjuster to get your toe corrected while you're at it.

is that a skid in front of the pitman arm?

OEM front skid... I also see proper tow hook brackets, good!

Lawn Cher' said:
That is the drag-link adjuster to recenter the steering wheel with respect to the wheels. Lube it up and adjust away!

You should probably use the tie-rod adjuster to get your toe corrected while you're at it.
so the drag link adjuster will have enough adjustability to counter for a ~5" lift?

XJ_ranger said:
so the drag link adjuster will have enough adjustability to counter for a ~5" lift?
Yes it does. I have 5 &1/2" on the front & it adjusted just fine. JIM.

ok,
ill get out the old wrenches and give er a shot - then spend the rest of the day writing it up

=)

good times!
thanks for all the help
-XJ_Ranger

thanks for the help everyone, i got er done and it was easier than i thought...

welp, now to write it up...

Back