• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Size

Dan1990XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering what is the largest size tires I can put on the stock wheels of my 1990 4.0 XJ. Right now I have 225/70/15s and was really wondering if I could go larger. Thanks in advance for any help.

I had that size, and switched to 235/75/15 which should be fine for you. It will look a whole lot better, but it will accelerate and brake a tiny bit more sluggishly, nothing huge though. Worth the looks!

I have run the 235/75 -15 and 31x10.50 -15's

the 235's look great and on my old 2wd I would only get stuck when my gas tank hit the mud.

the 31's rub the front control arms, and skid plate with no lift. and will rub fenders a bit at full flex, Steering stops adjusted and it was ok. If you're not planning on lifting and only wheel mildly go with the 235's. Dont go any bigger unless the only wheeling your going to do is in the mud or flat terrain.

my old 235/75/15s on my jeep... no probs at all..

xjnight.jpg

yup yup 235/75r15 is about the biggest size that can be fit without an annyoing ammount of rubbing...

i think mine used to hit the coil mounts at full stuff...

if you extend the bumpstops a lil, you could probably fit 31" tires....

here is my 235/75r15 at ful stuff with a 5" front lift and a 4" rear lift: (stock bumpstops allow it to stuff this much)

k1awj

k1ax1

cool? cool to me!

Back