• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best way to trim rear fenders????

climberjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Aight, heres the deal. I did a search on rear fender trimming, and got several sites, but they all seem to be a little different. Is there one way to do it that is better than another?? I have seen the way to do it where you cut around the pinch welds and hammer them up, but is there welding that is still required?? I don't have a welder, ao if there is a way to do it with no welding, that would be cool. Show some pics please!! Thanks a million. :laugh3:

Check a search for fender trimming on here and you should find tons of stuff. But basically if you don't have a welder just make sure u don't cut to far to where the pinch seems seperate, but before that and then just fold it back... and you should prob look into putting some TJ's or Bushwackers on, depending on how much trimming u want to do

Would anyone happen to know where the pinch seam is in relation to the creases of the fender? I dont feel like "experimenting" to find out!:D

That was a great write up. I wish the guy's that hacked up my dad's 97 would have read that before they destroyed the poor thing while putting on the bushwackers.

Thanks guys. Yeah, i think i am going to try rolling my fenders like the green jeep. It seems to be the best option, because i wont be putting flares on for a while due to the lack of funds.
:cheers:

Back