• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best way to install a RE 3.5 lift...

Ivan Aby

NAXJA Forum User
This seems a bit vague when doing the research. Do this first, or that...

What is the BEST way to make my life easier when installing my RE 3.5 (full spring pack), BPE's and trackbar next week? I am using air tools, have PB Blasted for WEEKS, live in CA so salt on the roads isn't an issue and have many jacks and stands.

What order did you disconnect and reinstall?

Thanks!

It took me and four other guys about 8 hrs to put mine on. And only because I had the bolts for the rear shocks break off.
Front end first. We took off and installed shocks and springs first, then track bar. Back end, shocks first then springs. Reinstalled springs first then shocks. Pretty sure thats it. Plus the kit came with basic instructions.

On the front are you replacing the springs and LCAs or just the springs?

Front

Remove trackbar
Remove wheels
Remove shocks
Disconect sway bar
Disconnect LCA's
Install extended bumpstops
Install new springs. Watch it when you drop the axle so you don't overextend the brake lines.
Connect LCA's
Install new shocks
Install wheels
Take jeep off jackstands
Install track bar

Rear

Break loose front eye bolt, shackle to rear eye bolt and shackle to body bolt.
Place jeep on jackstands
Remove wheels
remove shocks
Remove rear sway bar
support axle on jack
remove ubolts
replace springs
Put back together

That's it in a nutshell

Last edited:
Springs and LCA's!

Thanks much for the templete. I may have to have a beer fest (I brew in quantity) at my house for the lift...

Thanks again.
gc

Thanks guys!

I've printed this thread out and will be posting it on the side of the house where I am doing the lift.

Thanks again!

Back