• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Advice please

cardboard

NAXJA Forum User
I dont know which way to go on this, first off I have a 90 xj 4.0 auto 30 front 35 rear with 3" lift and almost new procomp X's. I am looking at two options and dont know which way to go. I am on a kinda tight budget and i want this done before T4T at the Badlands.
#1 Put lock rights inthe stock 30 and 35, which is about $600.00.
#2 I found a dana 44 for the rear, install that with a lock right , also about
$600.00.
This jeep is basically just a daily driver that gets wheeled at the Badlands or Redbird maybe once a month or two.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Digger

$600.00

2 lockers would be nice but fixin a D35 all the time would suck, as it has been said many a time, don't polish a turd

Fullsizexj said:
$600.00

2 lockers would be nice but fixin a D35 all the time would suck, as it has been said many a time, don't polish a turd
agree
my plan is to buy my friends old ford 8.8 with 4.56 gears and a detroit... for $400 with extra 31 spline shafts... only not cool part is that he wont have it our from under his truck till next semester...

Thanx for the info. My only thought about the 35 was it should be able to hold up under 31's for a while, plus i should be able to get like half my money back if I sell the lockright in January of next year. I have no intentions of going to larger tires or different gears for qiute awhile, aleast till I get some ware out of these xterrains.

option two, definitely. Most bang for the buck and will also prevent you from having spend $600 and then having another $600 in rear axle to replace....

digger4u said:
Thanx for the info. My only thought about the 35 was it should be able to hold up under 31's for a while, plus i should be able to get like half my money back if I sell the lockright in January of next year. I have no intentions of going to larger tires or different gears for qiute awhile, aleast till I get some ware out of these xterrains.

Just do it right the first time, go for the 44. you WONT regret it. Locking the D35 you absolutly run the risk of regretting that decision.

Back