• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocker Skids

FLIPXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 94 Cherokee sport, and will be building some rocker skids soon and was wondering how everybody is attaching it to the Cherokee? Any advice or Pictures would be a great help thanks.

FLIPXJ said:
I have a 94 Cherokee sport, and will be building some rocker skids soon and was wondering how everybody is attaching it to the Cherokee? Any advice or Pictures would be a great help thanks.
I have attached mine to the pinch seam and and put 4 legs to the frame rail (each leg has 2 bolts in it).
The pinch seam part is a a length of square tubing on the inside side of pinch seam and it's laying somewhat flush against the underside. The reason I did it that way was that after looking inside the rocker panel of my rolled jeap I noticed that there is some reinforcement there which works great with the rock rails.
On the frame rail side I drilled them through and I dropped sleeves into it so that I'm bolted all the way through and I dont't have to worry about crunching the frame or something like that.
Lastly I have put a "skid/reinforcement" on the frame rail. It's some 3" angle iron that's shaped to go along the framerail.
http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=te2xbqn.c1yk7do7&x=1&y=9k35ch

Im with Kejtar,I have three legs back to the frame rail and 1x1x.120" square tube under the rocker with 7 bolts per pinch seam!
rocker.jpg

Back