• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rain coming in the ARB snorkel?

RTicUL8

NAXJA Forum User
I recently installed an ARB snorkel. The thought just occurred to me that it looks like it will suck in water when it rains. If the rain is coming straight down, that shouldn’t be a problem, but if I’m going down the freeway, rain would naturally get sucked in. Should I just turn it around backwards?
Comments? Thanks.
DSCN1633.JPG

DSCN1634.JPG

The head is designed so that rain hits the back of the snorkel and drains out the back/bottom of the head. There's a better explanation on the safari snorkel site, but unless it's an absolute monsoon, I wouldn't worry about it. Then again I don't have a snorkel :D Seems like if you turned it around you would be restricting airflow because of the resulting vaccuum effect.

Ary

RTicUL8 said:
I recently installed an ARB snorkel. The thought just occurred to me that it looks like it will suck in water when it rains. If the rain is coming straight down, that shouldn’t be a problem, but if I’m going down the freeway, rain would naturally get sucked in. Should I just turn it around backwards?
Comments? Thanks.

]
Ive never had any problems with mine in the rain hard or not...freeway or not. I think they designed them pretty well.

Look at the bright side, you'll be decarbonizing your engine as you drive :D

I've been runnin with the Safari snorkel as well and in FL, we get rain pretty much everyday, and, at highway speeds, 80mph or so, i don't get any water in it. So, i wouldn't worry about it too much.
Tylor

Back