• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.8 sensor? NEED HELP!!!

85Chief

NAXJA Forum User
Theres some sort of sensor near the back of the engine on the passengers side. What would happen if that sensor isn't hooked up? Would the engine still run and/or would it effect the engine if it wasn't hooked up.

I know you're thinking "why would you not hook it up?". Well I put in a 3.4 and forgot to switch out that sensor and I can't get the plug out of the 3.4 to fit in the sensor for the 2.8.

Picture of where the sensor is--->>> http://www.frontiernet.net/~bofcville/sensor.JPG

Thanks
85Chief

I'm not that familiar with 2.8's but that sure looks like a temp sensor. Does you temp gauge work. Many times there is more than one sensor for the temp. Routinely the gauge works from a different sensor than the computer.

My temp gauge did work when I pulled the 2.8, but haven't tried it with the new engine because I'm still playing "This hose goes where and this connects to what" game.

If this is one of 2 heat sensors,and like you said, "Routinely the gauge works from a different sensor than the computer", is it possiible to run just that one, if there is a second one?

Thanks
85Chief

Back