• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kerry Concedes

I'm just wondering how long it will be before Kerry retracts his concession....

"I actually decided to concede before I decided not to concede..."

:D

Last edited:
BajaXJ92 said:
I'm just wondering how long it will be before Kerry retracts his concession....

"I actually decided to concede before I decided not to concede..."

:D
I wondered the same thing. It won't be a valid (and honest) concession unless and until he and the Dems call back the army of lawyers they have deployed across the country, AND withdrawn all their legal challanges and recount requests/demands.

I don't suppose its my 5 years worth of extra experiance over this kid, but I was able to figure out which way we lose...But then I figured that out in 2000 when it was Bush vs Gore. First, you don't vote for anyone associated with a lying, philandering ex-President, and second you don't vote for someone who selects a man with more experience making money at other people's expense than with governing...anything and who can't make up his mind on important issues such as national defense. Plus add onto that, he came out and admitted to a Congressional Hearing that he is a war criminal...All these people who say their vote doesn't matter or that they won't vote because they don't like either candidate need to wake up, do some research on the people and vote. I understand Blair is 17 and therefore unable to vote, but would he have if we were old enough? Probably not.

Naw, the little kids are seeming to vote for Badnick (or whatever his name was).

Nothing wrong with feeling that way and voting that way..... but Sesame Street is old and busted.

Eagle said:
I wondered the same thing. It won't be a valid (and honest) concession unless and until he and the Dems call back the army of lawyers they have deployed across the country, AND withdrawn all their legal challanges and recount requests/demands.

Sorry, but I really disagree with that one. A concession is a concession, and Kerry has made it clear he is not contesting the overall results or seeking a different outcome (not that he could get away with it if he wanted to), but that doesn't mean the votes shouldn't be counted fairly, or that votes wrongly cast, stolen or lost somehow don't matter as soon as the contest is over. Even though the electoral process went better than many had feared, and seems to have been fair overall, that doesn't mean there aren't serious flaws that need to be addressed, and in some cases, wrongs that need to be redressed.

I see that Bush ended up winning by something like 22 electoral votes. Here's an idea for the age of feelings and everyone-wins pet fairs and special olympics: let's cancel all the Republican votes in Georgia and Nevada to make poor old Johnny feel better about himself. Bush will still win. What difference will it make?

Matthew Currie said:
A concession is a concession, and Kerry has made it clear he is not contesting the overall results or seeking a different outcome
I have to admit that despite my dislike/distrust for Kerry (always got the "used car salesman" vibe off of him), I was actually impressed by his decision to not put the country through the "Gore Loser"(TM) scenario again. It would appear that he's being a pretty good sport about the whole thing (at least in front of the public), and I think that's one thing about the guy I can appreciate.

Now, would anyone care to place bets on how long before (now) ex-Senator Edwards pops up on some high-visibility class-action lawsuit? Something relating to Vioxx, perhaps?

Rob

P.S. Of course, if Kerry decides to retract his concession (which I am expecting to be unlikely), I will retract the related portions of my above statement.

For those that are disappointed that Kerry decided to conceed, don't worry tomorrow he will tell ya what you want to hear like everything else

Fullsizexj said:
For those that are disappointed that Kerry decided to conceed, don't worry tomorrow he will tell ya what you want to hear like everything else
HA! we got the flip now just a matter of time till the flop

TRNDRVR said:
DITTO!!!

I can't wait to lose my job and go on public assistance. :(
Huh? So it is a fact that President Bush is going to fire you? Or he is going to eliminate your job?
I feel for anybody losing their job, I have been there. I lost mine after 9/11 due to politicians. However, they were local to me, and I knew them and was there when they made the decision. They were also Democrats.

I could have focused on that, but I moved on. Was it fun? No, not at first. But I bounced back and moved on.

Back