• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

warn 10000 lb on smitty?

xjrugger

NAXJA Forum User
i have a smittybilt tube front bumper. Can i put a 10 000 lb winch on my cherokee? and if it's not too big, will it weigh down my front 8" sj coils and how much? Also can i even modify it to fit smitty or is smitty too weak? my smitty is 7 years old with rusting on the ineterior tubes. Has anyone done this and if so are there any pics. BTW im getting the winch at skully's deal of the century, that why im inquiring.

The Smittybilt is not strong enough by itself. You could build a beefy winch mount and mount the Smitty bumper to it to retain the look, but I would not recommend mounting a 10k winch directly to that bumper and expect it to stay fixed to the Jeep. I have one on my '97, and plan to do exactly that with a Milemarker 10,500 hydro. See my avatar, a pre-winch picture.

Last edited:
that's a darn aweful lot of power in a winch being attached to a unibody. but it will all wind up being dependant on how well the bumper is tied into the front of the jeep. might want to check out what they rigidco.com guys are doing and have something like that fabbed up...

Back