• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The poeple of Illinois couln't vote there way...

seanR

Want to puff on my pipe?
NAXJA Member
out of a pile of smoldering...

You would think that 3 years of Blago would have tought us something, but I guess not.
Perhaps next year when Blago enacts his "Voting Fee", we might learn!

The Sheeple of Illinois Welcome you.

damn! I agree with woolyshagger...

New bumper sticker?

Sean R & Kayne Robinson are MY presidents!

Hold on Sean...Night's early...

seanR said:
out of a pile of smoldering...

You would think that 3 years of Blago would have tought us something, but I guess not.
Perhaps next year when Blago enacts his "Voting Fee", we might learn!

The Sheeple of Illinois Welcome you.
Don't know much about your Govie except that I used to drive trucks through there and I know that Illnois has the second worst reputation in the nation as far as truck drivers go. How many times has he vetoed the abolishment of the duel speed limits even though time after time it has been proven that they are dangerous.

DrMoab said:
Don't know much about your Govie except that I used to drive trucks through there and I know that Illnois has the second worst reputation in the nation as far as truck drivers go. How many times has he vetoed the abolishment of the duel speed limits even though time after time it has been proven that they are dangerous.

Blago LOVES Trucks!
He loves to impose fees that make the owners of them squeal!
He didn't raise taxes on the middle income truck driver, but he did impose so many fees on his empolyer that he had to sell the truck and lay off the driver!
Tax the boss so much he close up shop, that will show em!

There are fees for every thing else.
It only makes sence that that whould be next.
He has run out of things to Tax, Opps, I sorry they are not taxes, they are fees!

seanR said:
How many times did you vote B?

I am proud to be from a state where 1% of the area can dictate the entire state.

we don't vote based on geography, barkie.

chicago and surrounding suburbs account for 66% of the state population.

yes, barkie, we're THAT large.

Your "1% dictates" complaint is based on fuzzy math.

By the way, I voted 91 times.

Once for my president and vice, Once for my US senator, my congress reps, various chicago positions, and the rest were cook county judge seats.

Instead of mindlessly punching ballots for these positions like some of the uneducated who believe they are either REQUIRED to do so, or think its the "right thing to do" I did hours of extensive research on the judges who appeared on my sample ballot.

SEVERAL judges recieved terrible performance marks from bar associations and a couple non-profit ORG's that are responsible for the evaluations. In fact, some evaluations were so scathing, it makes you wonder how they got there in the first place. On my ballot, these particular judges do not run on a political ticket, they are merely seeking to withhold thier seats. JUDGES have a much greater effect on the quality of your life, and the laws that govern you as a US citezen, perhaps to a greater degree than any other political office. Many of these judges simply do not deserve to sit on the bench, and it takes a 40% vote to unseat them, and that NEVER happens. I had a 20 page cheat-sheet to guide my voting choices. The girl in the voting booth next to me spent as much time in the voting booth as i did, and when she turned in her ballot, all 92 choices were punched. My ballot flagged an "undervote" since I did not vote for a candidate in the water reclamation district. This person walked into the voting booth with NOTHING. no list, no cheat-sheet.
How someone can vote for 92 memorized choices is not probable. Odds are, this person does what most ignorant citezens do.....they punch a ballot mindlessly, like it doesn't matter......****ing ****es me off.

I thought that in Chicago, we could all vote twice or even if we were dead... on different ballots of course :D

Back