• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement Shock Absorber bushing?

Legacy

NAXJA Forum User
Does any one know where i might be able to get an bushing for my front sock absorber the bushing thats bettween the stem and the body?
Also how hard is it to replace that bushing would i just have to remove the stem nut and take off the old bushing and put the new one on?
It's for my 91 jeep xj. thanks for any help.

thanks for the help.

Legacy said:
thanks for the help.
What's this post about? According to the time clock labels as I view this thread, your original popst was made 7 hours ago and this post was 6 hours ago. Are you so bloody impatient and egotistical that you think nobody has anything better to do on a work day ... which also happens to be election day ... than sit around and answer your questions IMMEDIATELY?

Grow up.

And read the forums rules. Bumping is not allowed. Your post can be deleted with no warning if you do it again.

Legacy said:
Does any one know where i might be able to get an bushing for my front sock absorber the bushing thats bettween the stem and the body?
Also how hard is it to replace that bushing would i just have to remove the stem nut and take off the old bushing and put the new one on?
It's for my 91 jeep xj. thanks for any help.

almost any 4wd shop should stock them or be able to order them. WHen you replace it make sure to get the wide diameter one (stock are pretty big but some aftermarket are small). ANyways you will want ot replace both upper and lower bushing: it means removing the shock and then reinstalling it

Autozone and Advance Auto/Kragen have them in the HELP brand misc hardware section.

The biggest reason they give up is flexing the front end to where the shock is the limiting factor, which by the way is a bad idea. Normally around here, they don't go bad before the shock simply wears out, but I've heard that some of the salts used on the roads can cause premature failure in some areas.

Back