• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1988 MJ Comanche factory workshop manual?

kyjeep40330

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for a factory workshop manual for my MJ. I called the local jeep dealer but they said it was out of print and referred me to another place that does repro. He said they only had up to 1987. Will this work? I hate like hell spending $90 on this if I stand the chance of running into changes that could stall me. If any of you guys have one or know of one I could get my hands on that'd be cool too. I already have a Hayes manual but want a second, more thorough reference. Should I just go ahead and get the one for '87's?
Thanks for any help!

You can get the 1989 or 1990 - there are a couple differences, but they are slight and most of the wires are the same colour. I have a 1989 FSM set, and it serves for my 87, 88, and 89 XJ's. If memory serves, I got it from Leon Rosser Jeep for about $90 (I think their site is www.thinkjeep.com, but you may want to search to be sure...)

5-90

You should call Chrysler's fullfillment service (Dyment) direct and ask them. Technically, there is no single FSM for the '88 MJ. Like the '88 XJ, it's a collection of several books. They had them as of a couple of years ago, and I doubt there has been a huge demand.

I don't have the number handy, but if you run a search on "Dyment" going back at least a year it should come up.

1987 was the first year for the 4.0L and there are a lot of small differences between the 87 and the 88 - 90

And the 89 seems to be the first good re-write done by Chrysler. It kicks the 88 manual's butt. :) I have an 88 MJ and an 89 manual (that I found on ebay years ago for like $50).
Jeep on!
--Pete

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/jeepcomanche/

Back