• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE for 242 question

Sorry for the thread hijack here, but I'm working on a cheap SYE version for the NP242 similar to the one I did for the NP231. See:

http://www.4x4getaways.com

I just laid hands on a 242 to use as a guinea pig. Maybe you guys can help me. Are there different variations of the NP242 over the years like there were on the NP231's?

old_man said:
I just laid hands on a 242 to use as a guinea pig. Maybe you guys can help me. Are there different variations of the NP242 over the years like there were on the NP231's?

AFAIK, there is the 21-223 spline differences and the tailshaft changed in 1997 to the style that already has the correct seal and bearing support (IIRC). That is why the late model hack-n-tap SYE for the later 242 is so cheap - it's just a flange and bolt.

That being said, please continue with the earlier stuff. I'm going to need the SYE on a 242 for another project I have on the go. :)

If I was closer I'd toss you the case I was planning on using.

r@m

So the tailcone casting changed in the later model 242's???? Anybody have a pix of one?

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a cheap bastard. I just can't stand spending money on something I can build cheaper and better myself. Sorry if I hogged the thread, but hopefully it will yield a cheaper alternative for all.

PS. Don't forget to vote NAXJA and Government

Two Words........Tom Woods, and get the yoke style. Was $500 plus the $200 core charge, definately worth the money, and the driveshaft is quality!! Much better than the currie one I got with the Hack-n-Tap from RE.

Tom Woods or MIT in San Diego, Ca are the only two so far with a nice kit for the 242, kinda pricey.

Not to hijack the thread....but how many people would buy a SYE kit like the HD Advanced Adapters if available for the 242?? A beefy billet steel output shaft and 32 spline yoke..

Alaskaflyr said:
Hey,

I'm having a hard time finding a SYE with cv driveshaft for the NP242. Any ideas where to look? I'm adding a 6" long arm kit.

Im running Tom Woods ,You cant go wrong with his stuff

Clean-RC said:
Tom Woods or MIT in San Diego, Ca are the only two so far with a nice kit for the 242, kinda pricey.

Not to hijack the thread....but how many people would buy a SYE kit like the HD Advanced Adapters if available for the 242?? A beefy billet steel output shaft and 32 spline yoke..

Where do I sign!!.......I would in a heart beat.

Back