• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 Windows 92 Doors?

REDDOGG.XJ

Fire up the roof.
Anybody ever tried to put late model glass, trim and track in an older door? I put late model mirrors on my 92 2 door and the split between the vent window and the main on the drivers side is in the middle of the mirror.

Looked at a few from the outside and it looks like it mite work.

REDDOGG.XJ

can i have the extra 5 windows

I have had both doors apart and think it could happen. Might need a few bracket, small ones, either added or cut off. The shells are basically the same. realize you will need everything inside the doors not just glass.

hinkley

Mark Hinkley said:
I have had both doors apart and think it could happen. Might need a few bracket, small ones, either added or cut off. The shells are basically the same. realize you will need everything inside the doors not just glass.
I think you'd have to cut internal guts out (rail or guide or whatever it's called) and weld it into the other doors. I think you'd be better off swapping the whole doors (even though that involves some work as well)

As soon as I find a set at the pull-a-part I'm gona try it. Went to two yards this weekend not a late model in the bunch. It's so hard to find 2 door parts much less 2 door late model parts.

Back