• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89' XJ with a Dana 80!?!

kalijude

NAXJA Forum User
I found a 89' XJ for sale and the owner wants $1500. Its lifted on 38's with a DANA 80 in the rear. He says it came out of a F450 and was not cut down to fit. I have not seen the vehicle yet but thought that the price was way to low for a modified XJ. It has only 140k miles on it and the lift is all custom as per the owner. Is this to good to be true? He has a dana 44 that he is willing to give me if I buy his rig, so I still thinks theres a catch. He says it runs good, but wont fess up to any problems. That dana 80 has about a 18" pumkin on it. That would only give me about 14" of clearence on 38's. Please help.

kalijude said:
I found a 89' XJ for sale and the owner wants $1500. Its lifted on 38's with a DANA 80 in the rear. He says it came out of a F450 and was not cut down to fit. I have not seen the vehicle yet but thought that the price was way to low for a modified XJ. It has only 140k miles on it and the lift is all custom as per the owner. Is this to good to be true? He has a dana 44 that he is willing to give me if I buy his rig, so I still thinks theres a catch. He says it runs good, but wont fess up to any problems. That dana 80 has about a 18" pumkin on it. That would only give me about 14" of clearence on 38's. Please help.

Is the unibody reinforced beefed up of somekind ? Cage ? EXO ?

Dana 80 out of an F-450. Did he say what year 450? Because that thing could be WAY wider, the 38's could be completely outside the body.
and "Custom Lift" could mean 12" shackles, stacked blocks, in other words, it could be BAD, real BAD.

yup need pictures

You have a couple problems with the D80. It was never meant for a half-size vehicle; and there is virtually no aftermarket for that axle. On the good side; you may have an axle that is far stronger than OEM. If you plan your mods wisely, there is no reason you can't run that 80 without fear.

Back