• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Demons in my 99, help please

mm746

NAXJA Forum User
Minding my own business this Halloween eve when all of a sudden I hear the horn blowing on my 99. Went out and pulled the battery cable off and then put it back on, horn stopped. Went back in house and it started blowing again. I pulled fuse 21 (horn ) and it stopped. Then I started the engine, it was running rough with idle going to 2k
and then the 'check engine' lite came on as well as the airbag lite came on. Shut it off and put fuse back in and removed the horn relay. Started it back up and it ran good but both lites were still on. Drove to town (20 miles) engine ran good as usual but 'check engine ' and airbag lites still on. Then airbag lite went off. Moments later the engine started missing and running rough, so I headed home. On the way, hoping I wouldn't get stranded in the mountains, I tried the cruise control button, the lite came on but then went off by itself. Made it home. Help!

My '99 did the horn-blowing bit a while back and it turned out my wife had let our son chew on her keyfob. All of his slobber made a complete circuit and let it go on and off intermittently. I just popped it open and dried it all out, including the batteries. No problems since. But it sounds like yours is more serious. Take it to AutoZone and have them read the codes for the CE light.

this thread has died not once, but twice... let it go man!

neither person who posted originally are even active members anymore, both have less then 5 posts, years ago.

Back