• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seirra Club trying to leverage Arnold....

XJZ

NAXJA Forum User
Arnold is heading to OHIO to "pump up" the Republicans. Kind of ironic that Hummer driving Arnold is a bit too green for me.

Schwarzenegger's attempt to maintain a bipartisan image while stumping for Bush is chafing some constituents in California, however.

The Sierra Club, which the governor has courted in signing several environmentally friendly bills, is supporting Kerry in the presidential race and has launched an e-mail letter-writing campaign urging Schwarzenegger to cancel the Ohio trip.

"We need a governor who will clean our air and water, protect our forests and restore our coast - not campaign for a president who, more than any president in history, has dismantled environmental protections for Californians," says a form letter activists can embellish with their own comments before sending along to Schwarzenegger.

"If you go to Ohio and Bush wins," the sample letter says, "I will have a hard time ever believing your claims of being a 'green governor' or that you have the best interest of California at heart."

Funny how the Sierra Club feels their views and their views only are what's best for California. This is the most self-centered selfish group of people I've ever seen. Hopefully this breaks the ties between Arnold and the Sierra Club. But that'll never happen with Arnold being so bi-partisan.

Last edited:
XJZ said:
Arnold is heading to OHIO to "pump up" the Republicans. Kind of ironic that Hummer driving Arnold is a bit too green for me.

Funny how the Sierra Club feels their views and their views only are what's best for California. This is the most self-centered selfish group of people I've ever seen. Hopefully this breaks the ties between Arnold and the Sierra Club. But that'll never happen with Arnold being so bi-partisan.

But maybe he will kick thier asses behind close doors and then come up with something good for Ca. :D

One can only dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hinkley

The sierra Club is a special interest group. Whether their views are right or wrong isn't the issue. Why is what they are doing any worse than what other special interest groups try to do to influence politics. Some use money, some use petitions and voter drives, some use threats of one sort or another.

Catholic bishops have threatened to excommunicate Catholic politicians to influence their political decision, but I haven't heard any squawking about that here. And if you think it's just about abortion, think again. That kind of church influence is why until 1962, in Connecticut, a doctor could lose his license and be charged with a felony if he so much as suggested "artificial birth control" to a patient.

And why condoms until then were sold only "under the counter" -- not displayed openly even in pharmacies, but those who wanted them had to know they existed and sneak back to the prescription counter like a naughty little boy and ask for a box of those forbidden contraband.

I think when Arnold is leaving for OH, he should look the pres. of the Sierra Club deep in the eyes and say...

"I'll be back!!"

Back