• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

factory service manual

Barger

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 xj looking for a FSM. I know there is very little difference between 97 and 98. Would a 98 FSM work for my 97. What might be different between them?

Without going through both side-by-side in excruciating detail, nobody knows what's different. I'm sure they will be mostly the same and the '98 manual would probably cover 98% of the problems you might encounter. But '97 was the first year of the major update, and it's very possible that any number of small running changes were made between '97 and '98 that would be shown in a '98 FSM but not in a '97.

Of course, with that in mind, if your '97 is a late '97 the '98 FSM could actually be closer to your vehicle than the '97 FSM, which was printed before assembly began for the model year.

If you can find one for a bargain, grab it. If you are looking, I'd look for the '97.

Seems to me......

You had better spend the real bucks if necessary to get the real honest FSM for your specific year...electrically these XJ's seemed to be in total flux the last years of production. They also seem to have boat-loads of electrical problems and will need accurate schematics for good doagnosis.

If all else fails call 1-800-890-4038 to Chrysler manual sales.

Does anyone have an online source for FSM? My local dealers are asking $120-$150 for one.

I gave you the contact info-

My dealer says this is the way to do it. Normally dealers do not have anything to do with this aspect. Mine was ~$100 as i recall using that number.

That is a good deal. The two I've seen on eBay for my 1998 were both about $50. But I still got one.

i CAN GET THE MANUALS CHEAPER!

I can get the manuals cheaper than retail and I will post the part#'s tonight later on:bunny:

Link doesn't work -- wants me to sign in, which I refuse to do unless I know what I'm signing up for.

What am I missing here, all I see is a picture.How does one go about getting 20% off ? I am interested in a 90' fsm for a decent price.

ryurabbit I'm wondering about the FSMs? Can you order them for people or do you know where we can get them at the 20% off price? I am interested in a '96 FSM for my Cherokee. Thanks for any help.

FSM I order then send to you!

I'll confirm pricing then send to you ups, just need money in advance or paypal!:bunny:

PRICING!

The picture should be able to be enlarged and has the price that dealers should be charging. However dealers are free to set whatever price they feel they can get and it's perfectly ok with DC.
These prices are what chrysler feels is fair. I work for a dealer so they give me some percentage off. Be patient as I have to call to get the exact price for your particular application and to those of you with very old XJ's like 84-86 I dont think those are serviced anymore but I will inquire when I call!:bunny:

Cool, whenever you get a chance let me know what the grand whoping total would be for a '96 FSM. Thanks a lot. I really appreciate this.

TechAuthority does still have FSM's for older models ... they cover all models in the same book for a given model year. I got mine (92) and an owner's manual from them for $70 + shipping. Sounds steep, but worth it, imho. I also dug around and found the Chilton's and Haynes books for the same year (actually a span of years). They complement the FSM well.

96 FSM

$66.00 PLUS SHIPPING!
Shipping depends on area so I need some more info to get exact shipping and keep in mind that it will take at least a week to recieve and another week for you to get ground ups.

Prices are as follows: 01-96 FSM $66.00
95-91 FSM $49.50
all of these are plus shipping no tax outside of CA!

Back